The ability to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations, build and maintain successful partnerships with customers, understand and apply customer service techniques and to focus on the achievement of long-term customer loyalty.
Demonstrated BehavioursAnticipates and acts to improve customer service and satisfaction and deliver consistent service Provides accurate customer feedback to, and where necessary, completes reports for, senior management and reviews and measures service in accordance with Franchise Standards Leads and manages others in a ‘customer first’ approach, acting as a role model in demonstrating customer care principlesProvides commercially viable solutions to customer problems, responding positively to all customer requests for information
The ability to utilise resources effectively and safely to meet workload demands and maximize operational efficiency.
Demonstrated BehavioursUtilizes operational resources effectively to meet business and customer needs Plans and organises the workload of the Sales Team Delegates key tasks and projects effectively and monitors performance against budget and Franchise Standards Takes personal responsibility for the application and monitoring of laid down Franchise Standards Strives for business excellence by actively reviewing and assessing working practices and procedures and taking remedial action as requiredUtilises the DMS/CA system to use resources effectively and monitor performance of the Sales Department
Financial and Commercial Awareness
The ability to understand, interpret and exploit Company and market information in order to maximize profit opportunities within our trading environment.
- Conforms to all FSA and financial procedures, completes processes and produces management reports to deadlines.Observes confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrates awareness of relevant budgets and business performance indicators and measures and operates within agreed financial limits
- Accurately forecasts sales, costs and profits and builds in contingencies as and where appropriate
- Uses broad knowledge of external economic and social trends to prepare new business strategies
- Exploits all financial and commercial situations to the benefit of the business, its suppliers and customers
- Maximises profit within every sales opportunity and minimises risk within the commercial environment
The ability to use a broad range of personal and interpersonal skills to analyse problems and make effective decisions, to plan and organise activities for self and others to implement those decisions and to communicate clear and consistent messages to maintain effectiveness and efficiency of the business.
- Works effectively and efficiently to meet day-to-day schedules. Manages time to ensure key deadlines are met and has a structured approach to work-based activities
- Prioritises tasks to meet customer and business requirements and is able to cope with unexpected changes in routine
- Effectively communicates and influences others and is able to explain and justify point of view
- Remains calm and can think clearly under pressure. Monitors and adjusts priorities
The ability to identify talented people, to train, coach, appraise and give performance feedback to colleagues in order to maximize their potential, to use all learning opportunities to develop self and others in line with business and individual needs and to lead a team that is inspired to achieve common goals.
- Is fair, consistent and unbiased when managing staff
- Monitors performance and gives constructive feedback. Addresses poor performance through recognised improvement processes
- Actively supports staff in achieving learning/development objectives and promotes a learning culture
- Motivates and makes others feel valued. Gives praise/credit when due
- Is visible and accessible in the role, gets to know individuals in the team, keeping a finger on the pulse of their activities
Sales and Marketing
The ability to identify and maximize sales opportunities.
- Promotes and maintains a strong company image at all times
- Maintains focus on achievement of sales budget and promotes a proactive sales culture within the Sales Team
- In conjunction with the General Manager devises achievable and realistic sales strategies and targets
- Ensures that Sales Team actively participate in manufacturer’s promotions and customer support programmes